Hasfield

SAINT MARY’s, HASFIELD

Hasfield lies between Ashleworth and Tirley and is much smaller than those two parishes. About 110 adults are registered in the parish, in about 50 scattered houses.

The Church is listed Grade 1 and possibly of pre‐conquest origins. Oddly, the main body of the church is dedicated to St Mary whilst the tower is dedicated to St Peter. A parson is documented in 1220. The church was enlarged in 1850 by the addition of a North Aisle, as well as being generally Victorianised.

Blessing the Crib on Christmas Eve and Harvest Festival are popular services with many coming from adjacent parishes.

Hasfield was combined with Tirley as a single benefice in the early Thirties and we have worked well with them ever since. Ashleworth was added in 1970. Hasfield provides a benefit to the other parishes as their churches both get flooded from time to time; combined services are then held at Hasfield, where the church is on much higher ground and cannot be flooded.

We particularly welcome families with children of all ages from the rest of the Benefice.

 


Parish Histories
Webpage icon Ashleworth
Webpage icon Corse
Webpage icon Hartpury
Webpage icon Hartpury Methodist
Webpage icon Maisemore
Webpage icon Staunton
Webpage icon Tirley
Printer Printable Version